Our Annual Convention
March 20, 21 and 22, 2014 at the Samoset Resort, Rockport, Maine
Download and share our new Convention Mini Magazine here! (A pre-registration form is included.) Scroll to the bottom of this page for a list of links to more comprehensive Convention details!
- exploring the option of homeschooling for your family?
- a new homeschooler or just getting ready to begin?
- a seasoned homeschooler with several years experience?
- a pioneer who has been homeschooling for a decade or more?
- a homeschool mom and dad in need of a weekend away?
- a homeschooling family looking for an affordable winter getaway?
Please Plan to Join Us!
Mark your calendar now for the Maine homeschooling event of the year! There is something for everyone at the HOME Convention. If you are looking for information and support, educational enrichment opportunities and family fun; if you are feeling burned out and in need of refreshment; or, if you need new strategies and new life infused into your home education plan, then this convention is for you! From our nationally known speakers and informative workshops to our exhibit halls, you are sure to find help and encouragement in every way. In addition, there is the fellowship of hundreds of other homeschoolers, and real people to answer all of your questions.
We are looking forward to our next convention, and hope that you will be a part of the events and activities. We have many practical and interactive programs and workshop sessions planned, plus inspiring general sessions and family entertainment. Start planning now to attend HOME's Annual Convention!
Keynote Speakers and Special Guests for 2014: We have an exciting line-up of speakers, musicians and programs for 2014. Click on the links to find out more about Kevin Swanson and Generations with Vision, HSLDA's High School Consultant, Diane Kummer, and Joel Grewe and Generation Joshua! To find out more about the Boys Singers of Maine (directed by Richard Dustin) who will be joining us, as well, please see the concert description below!
Friday Evening Concert (6:00pm): The Boy Singers of Maine in Concert
The Boy Singers of Maine, a Maine nonprofit organization with a history of over 30 years, celebrates the male voice in all stages of development through its three choirs: the Lyric (training), Concert (treble) and Lower Octave (mature voice) Choirs. The mission of The Boy Singers of Maine (BSM) is to provide an exemplary music education and performance training for boys from second grade through high school in an atmosphere that fosters sensitivity, character development, discipline and self-confidence.
Friday Evening Movie Gallery (7:30pm): Convention of the States: A Project of Citizens for Self-Governance (Live Presentation!)
The federal government is broken and incapable of fixing itself. Washington D.C. has bankrupted us, seized state power, and stolen our liberty. Even good politicians are handcuffed by the burdens of bureaucracy. What can be done?
Now is the time for all Americans — from the coasts, to the farms, to the Beltway — to lock arms and decide our nation is worth a fight. Proponents say a Convention of States is not only our best hope to save our Republic, it might be our last hope. What is a Convention of the States? Be sure to bring your questions (and concerns!) and join Maine's Convention of the Sates Coalition Director, Ken Quinn, during this session for a fascinating history lesson, as we learn:
- What is an Article V Convention?
- What does history teach us about these types of conventions?
- How and why were amendments ratified in the past.
- Facts not Fiction: Was the 1787 Constitutional Convention a "runaway", Is this a Con-Con?
- Potential Amendments to fix our problems.
Other Special Programs and Activities for Children and Teens will include nature study, square dancing, story writing, Maine history, music, hands-on activities in the exhibit areas, and more!
More Convention Information
Convention Brochure: Please Help Spread the Word!
- Keynote and Featured Speakers
- Convention Time Preparations
- Hotel Accommodations
- General Information
- Convention Schedule of Events
- Registration Information for the Convention
- Getting Started in Homeschooling Workshop (FREE Admission!)
- Parents of Preschoolers Program
- Homeschool Leadership Training Opportunities
- Graduation (New date and location!)
- Exhibitor List
- Workshop Descriptions
- Silent Auction
- Vendor Information Packet