Our Annual Convention
March 20, 21 and 22, 2014 at the Samoset Resort, Rockport, Maine
- exploring the option of homeschooling for your family?
- a new homeschooler or just getting ready to begin?
- a seasoned homeschooler with several years experience?
- a pioneer who has been homeschooling for a decade or more?
- a homeschool mom and dad in need of a weekend away?
- a homeschooling family looking for an affordable winter getaway?
Please Plan to Join Us!
Mark your calendar now for the Maine homeschooling event of the year! There is something for everyone at the HOME Convention. If you are looking for information and support, educational enrichment opportunities and family fun; if you are feeling burned out and in need of refreshment; or, if you need new strategies and new life infused into your home education plan, then this convention is for you! From our nationally known speakers and informative workshops to our exhibit halls, you are sure to find help and encouragement in every way. In addition, there is the fellowship of hundreds of other homeschoolers, and real people to answer all of your questions.
We are looking forward to our next convention, and hope that you will be a part of the events and activities. We have many practical and interactive programs and workshop sessions planned, plus inspiring general sessions and family entertainment. Start planning now to attend HOME's Annual Convention!
Keynote Speakers and Special Guests for 2014: We have an exciting line-up of speakers, musicians and programs for 2014. Click on the links to find out more about Kevin Swanson and Generations with Vision, HSLDA's High School Consultant, Diane Kummer, and Joel Grewe and Generation Joshua! To find out more about the Boys Singers of Maine (directed by Richard Dustin) who will be joining us, as well, please see the concert description below!
Friday Evening Concert (6:00pm): Boy's Singers of Maine in Concert
The Boy Singers of Maine, a Maine nonprofit organization with a history of over 30 years, celebrates the male voice in all stages of development through its three choirs: the Lyric (training), Concert (treble) and Lower Octave (mature voice) Choirs. The mission of The Boy Singers of Maine (BSM) is to provide an exemplary music education and performance training for boys from second grade through high school in an atmosphere that fosters sensitivity, character development, discipline and self-confidence.
Friday Evening Movie Gallery:
Other Special Programs and Activities for Children and Teens:
More Convention Information
Convention Brochure: Please Help Spread the Word!
- Keynote and Featured Speakers
- Convention Time Preparations
- Hotel Accommodations
- General Information
- Convention Schedule of Events
- Registration Information for the Convention
- Getting Started in Homeschooling Workshop (FREE Admission!)
- Parents of Preschoolers Program
- Homeschool Leadership Training Opportunities
- Graduation (New date and location!)
- Exhibitor List
- Workshop Descriptions
- Silent Auction
- Vendor Information Packet